Monday 11 May 2009

this is an attempt at an unboring post about 'my studies'

so for my women's cinema class i had to watch this movie "Yes" written and directed by Sally Potter in 2004. i watched it for the 2nd time after smoking a little weed which was ideal. first of all, its all in iambic pentameter and half of it is poetry. also, some music by phillip glass, a lot of internal monologue, sexy scenes, a 'chorus' thats moaning mertle as a cleaning lady, religion/death/life/identity/other greatness (POMO). its depressing/epic-uplifting at the same time.  heres the trailer
also tomorrow I have to go watch Thelma and Louise in one of those library viewing rooms which is the best homework ever. 
Another rad thing I watched for that class is the Spike Lee Joint (eh) 'She's Gotta Have It'. it's enjoyable and extremely offensive at the same time. (my paper title was literally 'She's Gotta Have It': the (Mis)Representation of Black Female Sexuality. my life rulez) the main good thing is how great Spike Lee looks

theres a lot of great fashion things happening all around.
in case you're in the market for the most depressing book ever you should check out Empire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard. I really was pushing trying to write an essay about how historical war fiction can push into the realm of science fiction. I realized I couldn't back up that point but it was fun to try for a lil. get that shit if you haven't cried from a book in a while. 
other things im thinking about:
weed, pizza, wanting to see the new star trek movie, gossip girl tomorrow night, being on celebrity gossip sites so much that i feel like i am literally on the set of New Moon. 
the one blog i often wish i had thought of first is sorry-mom.com. why didn't i have the foresight for this? its a blog for people to anonymously post about the worst dude they've ever slept with. this is like a roundtable discussion with my friends but from all over, with girls i'd never hang out with. 
THATSALL I GOT FOR NOW 

2 comments:

  1. this is very helpful for my next 'i'm bored, what movie do i watch' day.
    i'm a fan of your internet blog personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch "nowhere" by gregg araki

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW5nNLbvzQo

    unrelated, but you will love this movie--everyone before they were anyone is in it

    ReplyDelete